The manager attribute determines if an organizational chart shows for an employee in the profile. It can also help in workflows to easily manage approvals.
If you want to edit this on an individual basis, you can do the following (with Admin access):
- Go to to Admin > Security > Find Logins.
- Search for the user
- Choose the person you want from the Supervisor dropdown and click Save.
To edit this in bulk, you can use the Import CSV utility:
- (Do a small sample set first) In Excel, create a CSV file, with at least the following headings: email, userName, supervisorEmail
- Go to Admin > Directory > Import Employees [csv utility]
- Upload the file
- Map the fields accordingly