The Intranet Connections product provides users and administrators with the ability to securely communicate information at a department level. Departmental confidentiality is acquired through the use of security features provided within a sub site's Secure Site feature.
The following tutorial will step users through the implementation of departmental site security.
- Log in to the intranet product using administrative credentials
- Click the admin link (located in the top right corner of the intranet application)
- Click the Assets tab
- Click the Sub site requiring security
- Click 'Site Access' from the right nav menu:
- Check the box beside 'Apply View security', this will be saved automatically
- Select the Users or Groups that will need access to this site
You can also apply the elevated rights of 'Site Owner' to individuals or a Group by clicking 'Site Owners' from the right nav menu:
In the example above, the users within the Human Resources group have been given Site Owner access.