Moving Search Index to Another Drive
By default, your search index is stored on the C:\. As you continue to add content to your intranet, the size of the search index will increase. If there isn’t sufficient space on the C:\ you can move the search index to another drive.
- Open a Command Prompt with Administrator privileges
- Change to this directory
- Enter this command to uninstall the ElasticSearch service
- Close the Command Prompt (to prevent issues moving folder in next step)
- Copy the entire C:\elasticsearch directory to another location, for example G:
- Open a Command Prompt with Administrator privileges.
- Change to the directory where the elasticsearch folder was copied to
- Run this command to re-install the service
- Run this command to start the service
- In the intranet, restart the application to re-establish the connection to search:
- Click Admin, and choose Setup tab
- Near the bottom of the page, under Intranet Application click [restart]