The Setup tab controls numerous sitewide options, and is also where you can locate the details of your specific intranet software installation.
The Settings section has four groupings of items which affect the entire intranet, as listed below.
All of these choices are also available on the Design tab so they're described in the Design tab article. Links have also been included under Setup for your convenience for quick changes.
Global Config determines some key settings for the intranet:
- Mobile Site - Mobile site provides a mobile-friendly version of your site. Learn more about setting up Mobile Use of Intranet.
- System Alerts | Chat - Live Chat allows users to instant message each other; this setting must be enabled in order for System Alerts to be sent from the system administrator to all users or specific users.
- Site Search - Alter the position of the search box, re-index your site, and list terms you want excluded from search.
- Advertising - Select sitewide advertising options (note that other advertising options are controlled within each App).
- HTML Editor - Control some of the functionality available to users in CKEditor, the open source text editor used in the software, including media embedding, automatic resizing for uploaded images, and spell check (external ad-supported product). Learn more about spell check.
More technical aspects of Global Config are explained in the Intranet Setup article.
These format options will affect content across the entire intranet:
- Date Format - Choose from established date formats or create your own.
- Time Format - Select the 12 or 24 hour clock.
- Email Options - Choose the system email address and email style for intranet notifications sent to users.
- Publisher Display - Select the user information which will display when they post or edit intranet content.
Settings for various intranet functional settings, including:
- Mapping API - Choose the location and unit of measurement for mapping functionality.
- Exchange Web Services - You can add a widget that will display a list of calendar events from shared calendars in your Exchange web server.
- Execute Custom Code - This one is for Super Admins only, and allows you to execute CFML code directly from the screen. It's recommended that you don't use this unless directed by Intranet Connections support staff.
- Manage API Keys - This one is for Super Admins only, and allows you to generate a key for the Intranet Connections API. This can be used to pull in data from the Intranet to an external application. Used for generating statistics information in Version 14.0 and above.
The remainder of the Setup tab has details of your specific intranet installation. Learn more about the Setup tab.
Customers who are active on maintenance have access included to all of our latest patches and upgrades. If your company is not currently paying the annual maintenance renewal fee but would like to change that status, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Product & Support Information
The remainder of the Setup tab shows your current Intranet Connections software version, any pending product updates, how to reach Support or access or Help Center, etc. There is also some more technical content for IT setup.