The Task Manager App is used to delegate tasks to members of the group, and provide automated reminders of due dates.
In This Article
Build Your Task Manager
Start by following the process to add an App to a site.
Once you have the App in place, on the App Card change the title and/or description if you want to customize it for your intranet. Click Create if you'll return to it later, or Build if you want to start customizing or adding content right away.
Add a Task and Due Date
On the Add tab (1), for every task you can set:
- name of the task (i.e. task title), which is a required field
- who the task is assigned to
- status of not started / in progress / complete
- various other settings such as archiving, tags, advertising, etc.
Click Save to retain the details of the task. Then click the tab for Task Due (2), to set the due date, users to remind, and any notes.
Default Task Manager Layout
The Task Manager App comes with a standard layout for its default home page, List View, and Item View, as shown with sample content below. All layouts can be customized.
App Home Page View and List View
Task Manager starts with one folder by default, and if only one folder continues to be used, both the Home Page and the List View will look the same, as shown below.
Task Due Reminders
The Task Manager App has an additional feature for the standard task due date reminders which are sent to users and appear in My Dashboard; learn more about 'My Dashboard'. To adjust these settings:
- Within the Task Manager app, click Toolbox, top right.
- Click App Admin.
- On the right under Settings, click Task Due Reminders.
- Set the number of reminders and the time frames for each reminder. Keep in mind:
- A reminder will only be sent if the checkbox is selected.
- Regardless of the number of checkboxes selected, a final task reminder is always sent by default.
- Each reminder must be set to occur after the previous reminder, or it won't actually send.
- Reminder notifications can be sent to only a work email, to a work email as well as My Dashboard, or only to My Dashboard
Customize Task Manager
As with all Apps, there are many ways to customize. When you're in the App, click Toolbox (top right) and App Admin to access the settings.
Other than the name and description, you can:
- Choose which fields to display - click Manage Fields to view the current fields in Task Manager. If you mouse over a field you will get the crosshairs which allow you to hold and drag the field to reposition it, or you can click the edit pencil to show more options or the red circle to delete the field. Learn more about managing fields in the App Overview article.
- Change the layout - edit the layout of the App Home page, List View, or Item View. Learn more about Layout for Apps.
- Use folders to group contents - click Folders | Security to add, rename, or delete folders to categorize Task Manager info. Click on the folder name to adjust the security of that folder. Learn more about Security for Apps.
- Add an approval function - click Approval Workflow, then click on a folder name to assign an Approval Manager workflow by folder. Learn more about managing folder workflow in the App Overview article.
- Advertise items - click Advertising Options, then click on a folder name to determine whether items in that folder will be advertised to the site homepage.
These are just a few of the many ways you can customize the Task Manager App so it fits with your goals.