Want to get ideas from your staff? The Suggestion Box App Share allows employees to share their thoughts on improving procedures or customer service, improve productivity.
The Suggestion Box App lets users submit ideas which can be viewed and rated with a 'thumbs up' by other staff. Add folders if you want to categorize suggestions by type.
Build Your Suggestion Box
Start by following the process to add an App to a site.
Once you have the App in place, on the App Card change the title and/or description if you want to customize it for your intranet. You might want to name it something that relates to your company, or have a contest for employees to create a name. Click Create if you'll return to it later, or Build if you want to start customizing or adding content right away.
Default Suggestion Box Layout
The Suggestion Box App comes with a standard layout for its default home page, List View, and Item View, as shown with sample content below. All layouts can be customized.
App Home Page View
If the Suggestion Box has multiple folders, the default Home Page will look like the image below.
App Home Page View (One Folder)
If the Suggestion Box has only one folder, the default Home Page will look like the image below, with all folder content displaying.
Customize Suggestion Box
When an item is added to the Suggestion Box, it takes the format of a required title, suggestion or idea text field, and various additional fields such as file attachments or links.
As with all Apps, there are many ways to customize. When you're in the App, click Toolbox (top right) and App Admin to access the settings.
Other than the name and description, you can:
- Choose which fields to display - click Manage Fields to view the current fields in the Suggestion Box. If you mouse over a field you will get the crosshairs which allow you to hold and drag the field to reposition it, or you can click the edit pencil to show more options or the red circle to delete the field. Learn more about managing fields in the App Overview article.
- Change the layout - edit the layout of the App Home page, List View, or Item View. Learn more about Layout for Apps.
- Use folders to group contents - click Folders | Security to add, rename, or delete folders to categorize Suggestion Box info. Click on the folder name to adjust the security of that folder. Learn more about Security for Apps.
- Add an approval function - click Approval Workflow, then click on a folder name to assign an Approval Manager workflow by folder. Learn more about managing fields in the App Overview article.
- Advertise items - click Advertising Options, then click on a folder name to determine whether items in that folder will be advertised to the site homepage.
These are just a few of the many ways you can customize the Suggestion Box App so it fits with your goals.