The Details tab will provide you with control over generic information pertaining to the form being built. This page is separated in to three different sections: Form, Responses and Tags. Find information relating to the options offered for each section below.
The Form section allows form builders to specify a desired name and short description for their form.
As well, the primary owner of the form can be altered through this interface by clicking the change owner icon next Owner field. Form owners receive full rights to the form in-question. For additional information on special form security options, please view our Online Forms Security Overview article.
Use the [change folder] link to move your form to another folder. Simple, click the link, select the new folder and click save changes.
1) Submission Limit – Allows form builder to define a limit on the number of responses a user can provide in a specified time period. Options include: No limit, once per day/week/month/quarter/year. Alternatively, you can allow each user to submit a single form response. The one month limitation is based on the month of the last submission (ie. a form submitted in April on any date, can not be resubmitted by the same user until May 1st).
2) Allow Draft Responses – When enabled, Allow Draft Responses allows users to save a draft copy of their form response. This is helpful in scenarios where the user needs to fill out larger forms and they do not have all of the information necessary during the initial fill-out stage. This allows them to save their progress, return to the form at a later point and officially submit the form.
3) Message to display once the user submits the form – Form builders can use this field to provide submitting users with a customized message after a form has been submitted.
4) Email Response to User on Submission – Enabling this feature will result in the form submitters to receive a copy of their submitted form in an email notification.
5) Display ID Numbers – Selecting this option will give every form response a unique numerical ID value.
6) Archive Options – Improve response loading performance and keep form responses clean by enabling this feature. Your form response archival options include: Do not archive, 1 month, 3, months, 6 months, 1 year or X days. Archived responses will be accessible solely through the form responses search interface.
Adding tags will help improve the accessibility of your form. Tags act as search keywords that can be used to ease the process of finding content via the site-wide search.
Once you've built your form, simply click publish info (above the Details tab) and hit Publish in the pop-up window to go live with your form. Once a form goes live, any user with view rights will be able to start filling out the form.
In addition to the publish info button, form creators will see a move to draft button. This will unpublish the form and leave it in an unviewable state for the end-users. Moving your form to draft mode is most useful in scenarios where it is not appropriate for users to submit form responses; however, you would like to retain the form and it's data (eg, during a form's redevelopment, larger scale workflow changes).
Return to Lessons for New Administrators