During upgrades or occasionally in response to a support request you may be called on to restart your ColdFusion Application Server service. This can be done via a remote session to the web server. To restart this service, take the following steps:
- Login to your server and go to Start->Run->Services.msc
- Find your coldfusion application server, which will be as follows in these versions
- ColdFusion 9: ColdFusion 9 Applications Server
- Coldfusion 8: Coldfusion 8 Application Server
- Coldfusion MX 7: Coldfusion MX7 Application Server
- Coldfusion 6: Coldfusion MX application server
This will restart your Coldfusion Application Server.