We are very happy to announce the release of our latest version, 11.5. This release concentrates on improving the interface and social functionality available to clients within the Employee Directory. As well as a brand new interface, new elements like the employee wall and the site wide share content options provide new avenues for employees to participate in their intranets. Version 11.5 also includes a series of enhancements to the administrative site as well as several other requested features. We are excited to hear your feedback on the new functionality!
Clients upgrading to version 11.5 should confirm that they are on a minimum of ColdFusion 8.0.1 and if not update their installation accordingly.
Clients should also be aware that version 11.5 drops official support for IE 6.
Post 11.5 installation, clients should also confirm that they are not affected by any of the following documented issues:
- You receive a warning message on the Site Settings admin page that your site cannot execute its scheduled processes.
- You experience an "Error Cropping Photo" message when trying to use the new photo cropping features in the Employee Directory.
- You experience a severe site alignment issue where the left menu displays in the center of the screen in IE 8 or IE 9.
Version 11.5 Upgrade Change Summary. Video feature walkthrough available here
Added in Patch 11.5.9
- Tutorial Builder Create new guided learning sessions for your users.
- Simple Theme Interface Make quick changes to your active site theme on the fly.
- Widgets Page Redesign
- Popularity ranking Sort search items by the popularity (number of social actions)
Added in Patch 11.5.6
- Mobile site access for iPhone, Android and Blackberry
- Exchange calendar widget with synchronization
- Redesigned Site Settings panel with inline upgrading and announcements
Directory changes include:
- Altering the default multi-item display to a new employee card view
- Addition of new sort options like dynamic tag filtering
- Addition of an inline editing mode for user self editing including a new friendly mechanism for uploading and resizing profile photos
- Elimination of the 'My Hub' area as a separate location in the site and the inclusion of all previous hub functionality into the employee's profile page
- Introduction of a new social feature, the Employee Wall, allowing users to post statuses and messages to theirs and others profiles
- A new site wide Share Content feature available allowing quick content posts to the employee wall
- Integration of the status availability feature, previously delivered through the In Out Board application, directly into the directory profile
- After the upgrade In Out Board is no longer an available application
- All content in the main IOB application is migrated into the directory
- Any clones of the IOB application will need to have their content migrated to another application prior to upgrade
- The Employee Directory will no longer be accessed through the applications tab. A new tab 'Directory' is now available for directory functionality
- Introduced and clarified terminology in the admin site related to user records
- Employee: A user's profile in the Directory
- Login: A user's credentials for accessing the site
- For a discussion of user management and profiles in version 11.5 see the following KB article
- Added new fields to the Directory:
- Social fields (Linkedin, Facebook, Messenger, etc)
- Generic HTML field
- Directory department security has been simplified to the ability to assign/restrict view rights only.
- To assign the ability to edit or create employees use the Profile Manager elevated right. The upgrade will delete all app owner permissions for the directory as these are no longer applicable.
- Validation added for Bookmark links. Bookmark links will need to be well-formed, valid. For example: http://www.website.com is well-formed. http://internalsite will not be considered valid.
Site administration changes include:
- Addition of a login impersonation tool allowing super administrators to access the site as non-admin users
- Changes to site authentication and security interfaces including new options to support authentication combinations
- Addition of the thumbnail photo as a field option for AD Synchronization
- Added a new group type Department Synchronized Groups
- AD Syncronization will no automatically reinstate users' site logins disabled in the site as a result of their account being disabled in AD.
- Previously these accounts needed to be manually reenabled by an administrator.
- This will only impact accounts that are disabled after the upgrade to 11.5.
- If you wish this to apply to all your disabled accounts, please contact support for further details.
- Modification of the site cleanup processes to automatically execute on a scheduled basis.
Other upgrade details include:
- Addition of new widgets