We are very happy to announce the release of our latest version, 12.0. This release focuses on significantly increasing the utility of E-Form Builder. Significant additions include new options to deploy tests and surveys, to create new smart forms with line item spreadsheets, conditional, calculated and triggered fields and a significantly upgraded workflow processes.
You can download a copy of the upgrade through the available upgrades area in the Settings tab of your Admin site.
- ColdFusion Versions Supported: 8.0.1, 9.0.2, 10.0.0. Clients should confirm that they are on a minimum of ColdFusion 8.0.1 and if not update their installation accordingly.
- Supported browsers: Chrome, Firefox, IE8+
- MSSQL Versions Supported: 2005 (all versions), 2008 (all versions), 2008 R2 (all versions)
Version 12.0 Upgrade Change Summary.
Forms Application Level Changes:
- Forms application now supports the folder tree for unlimited depth of form storage
- New forms publish process created
- Form creation has been forked into five types (Form, Survey, Test, File, Link)
- Create tests with automatic scoring on multi-select fields (radio, check-box, drop-down)
- Define scores for each field as well as passing score totals for the entire test
- Create Question Bank sections to randomly display a selection of questions to prevent employees exchanging answers.
- Allow users to review their own submissions after completion and see correct and incorrect answers
- Owners and administrators can review single tests or summarize multiple responses for aggregate answer data
- Test submissions can never be edited by any user
- Create multi-question surveys to capture feedback from users
- Use a graphical summary to view chart data on response patterns (response totals, average weighting)
- Use question banks to randomly display questions to users, cutting down on response bias
- Completely rebuilt form construction interface for improved ease of access. New floating build window simplifies field insertion.
- New field types:
- User Data: Capture data related to the submitting user (name, dept, supervisor) w
- Number: Numeric field with masks (currency, decimal, whole number)
- Content: Field for form designers to insert information related to the form submissions including summaries, long instructions and pictures
- Email and Link: Fields to support simple insertion of these data types
- Formula: Perform math or text string manipulation calculations on fields in the form.
- Mileage: Perform intelligent route calculation using built in mapping to determine distances from user defined points. Simplify employee travel claims.
- Existing field changes:
- Multi-select fields now support hidden numeric values to allow interaction with formulas
- Multi-select fields support insertion of large data sets using comma separated strings (ex: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT...)
- Spreadsheets: create a section with fields arranged in columns and supporting an unlimited number of user created rows
- Triggers: show and hide sections or fields in a form based on values selected by the user during submission
- Rebuilt workflow engine and interface for improved ease of use
- New stage type 'Notifications' allowing the triggering of alerts at any point in a workflow rather than just after approval.
- All notifications now support full customization to allow form designers to change wording to fit the specific process in question
- Workflows can now be changed without interrupting pending form responses
- Stages now support new manager options including groups and the form's submitting user
- Stages can now be triggered conditionally based on values submitted in the response. Only get additional approval if a request requires it.
- Support added for ad-hoc escalation. Allow approval managers to escalate a response by pulling in new approval managers on a case by case basis.