These instructions only apply if you are upgrading to a new server.
- Provision a new server that meets the server requirements for Super Search.
- Ensure the new server has the following required server roles installed.
- If you are also moving the database to a new server, please backup and restore your current database to the new server.
See this article on how to fix the Intranet Connections login and database user mapping.
- To download SQL Server Express 2014, please click here. Choose the option "ExpressAndTools 64BIT\SQLEXPRWT_x64_ENU.exe" so that it you can also install SQL Server Management Studios to restore the database on the new server. If you install SQL Express, ensure that TCP/IP is enabled.
- If SQL Server is being hosted on a separate server, please ensure the SQL Server can be reached from the new sever by reviewing the Troubleshooting SQL Server Connection Issues article.
- Copy your current Intranet folder under the web root (typically C:\inetpub\wwwroot) to the new web server root directory.
- If your uploaded files are stored in a separate location from your web root after using the File Migration Utility to host your uploaded files outside of the Intranet folder, you will also have to copy over your files. See this article to determine where your files are stored. You will need to configure the same accessible location on the new server.
- The database will also contain a reference to this location within the database as 'DirectFilePath'. To update this, create a new folder on the new server for your 'data' files and copy them over from the old server to this location.
- This folder will require the local user "iis_iusrs" to have full access. See this article
Once this is done, return to the Super Search Upgrade instructions to complete the remaining steps.