Intranet Connections can run on Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2012 R2.
Before installing Intranet Connections, please ensure your server has the following:
- .Net Framework 4.0
- IIS DefaultAppPool set to run .NET Framework 4.0 in Integrated mode
- Application Development and Security roles for IIS (see details below)
- Install IIS URL Rewrite Module 2.0 - download here
Before installing Intranet Connections on a new web server, ensure IIS has the following options:
- Application Development: NET Extensibility (Both .NET Extensibility 3.5* & 4.5 are required for Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2)
- Application Development: CGI
- Application Development: ISAPI Extensions
- Application Development: ISAPI Filters
- Application Development: WebSocket Protocol
- Security: WIndows Authentication (for single sign-on support)
* Installation of .NET Extensibility 3.5 in Windows 2012 / 2012R2 will trigger the installation of .NET Framework 3.5 Features which is required by SQL 2014 Express. If you are hosting SQL on a separate server, this is technically not required.
See sample images of selected roles below for Windows Server 2008 / 2012.
Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2
Please see this TechRepublic.com article on how to Add Roles and Features in Windows Server 2012 if you are unfamiliar with Server Manager.
Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2
You need to download .NET Framework 4.0 if running Windows 2008 / R2:
Also ensure that the DefaultAppPool in IIS is set to use .NET Framework 4.0: