With a Menu widget, it is possible to assign permissions to hide the entire menu widget for specific users and/or groups. The Menu widget is the only type of widget that allows you to set security for it.
To do so:
- Create your Menu widget
- Click the pencil icon that appears beside the name of your Menu widget
- Click the Linked To area where it says 'Not Linked':
- Select 'Link' for your asset type and type in any URL (you can make this an internal or external link) > Name the link what you want your Menu widget to be called and click Ok to save the link:
- Click the pencil icon beside the name of your linked item on the next screen to edit the link once more to apply security:
- Check the box for 'apply view security' and add the users and/or groups that will need access to these links:
- Lastly, click 'save widgets' at the bottom of your page once your link and security settings have been set.