A datasource ties your SQL Database to your Web Server which hosts the intranet. In order for the intranet to display, the datasource connection will need work.
If the Datasource is not created, you may see one of the 2 following screens:
To create one:
- Click the following link to learn how to access the Railo or Lucee Web Administrator (Note: Do not use the Server Administrator option from your web server as this will point to an incorrect site)
- Unless changed, the default password is "connections"
- In the left menu, under Services, click on Datasource
- Create a new datasource as shown in the image below:
- Click 'create' to continue
- On the next screen, fill in the following information:
Host/Server: SQL Server where the Intranet Connections database resides.
Note: Railo does not use instance names for SQL Servers (eg. SQLExpress, or Intraconnections), this is done through the port number instead.
Database: Name of your Intranet Connections database (eg. IntranetConnections)
Port: SQL Server port for the instance where the Intranet Connections database resides. Click here for troubleshooting tips should you experience any connection issues.
Username: This is typically IntranetConnections
Password: The default password is ICu$er&7ogin@20 unless this has been changed by your Database Administrator.
Example of what this may look like once filled in:
- Click 'Create' at the bottom of this screen to complete the configuration.
SQL Server must have:
- SQL Server authentication enabled
- TCP/IP enabled
- Server login "intranetconnections" mapped to database user "intranetconnections" with db_owner role membership.
- The SQL Port must be open if SQL Server exists
- SQL Server instances are connected through the port number which is set within the TCP/IP settings
Click here to access the troubleshooting guide for SQL Server connection issues.