To Remove "/intranet" from the URL
The instructions for this process are based around Version 13.0 and 13.5. If you are on version 12.0 or 12.5 configured to use Railo, see this article.
The easier way to remove "Intranet" from the URL is to change the Default Web Site to point to physical path to point to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Intranet:
- Using IIS, change the physical path for the default site to point to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Intranet
Open IIS Manager, expand the nodes on the left pane, right-click the Default Web Site node, click Manage Web Site > Advanced Settings. Change the 'Physical Path' value to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Intranet.
- Stop the Railo/Lucee Server service
- Copy the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\WEB-INF folder, if it exists, and the web.config file from C:\inetpub\wwwroot to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Intranet (do not use the 'cut and paste' method as some services may have a lock on some of the required files and not all may be moved)
- Stop IIS Server and all App Pools > Start the Railo service > Restart IIS Server and App Pools.
- If you are on Version 13.0: visit the Railo admin site
If you are on Version 13.5: visit the Lucee admin site
- Configure your Railo/Lucee Mappings under 'Archives & Resources' within Railo/Lucee Web Admin what should look similar to this
Note: You will need to add a new entry with the '/' virtual field and remove the mapping with '/intranet', because you cannot edit the virtual field.
- Visit the intranet using the new URL by typing 'http://[insert_domain_name_here]'.
- Navigate to admin > Setup > click 'update locations' to finalize this change.
- Follow the instructions below titled Update the Intranet's URL (Web Location)
If you have changed your site's physical path to point to the Intranet folder (to remove "/Intranet" from the URL), and you are now seeing the Default, "Welcome to the Railo World", or a blank screen when trying to browse your site by server name or localhost, you can fix this by editing the Railo server.xml file:
Edit this file: C:\railo\tomcat\conf\server.xml OR C:\railo\tomcat\conf\server.xml
Remove this entire section (near the bottom) and save.
<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps">
<Context path="" docBase="C:\inetpub\wwwroot\" />
Restart IIS and Railo (or alternatively reboot the server).
Once the intranet is up, restart the search indexing process (Admin, Setup tab, Site Search, and click "Re-index my site data")
- Navigate to C:\railo\tomcat\conf\Catalina and delete all folders in this directory.
- Restart the Railo Server service
Should you hit any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with information and/or screenshots related to the issue that you are encountering.
Update the Intranet's URL (Web Location)
The intranet using the Web Location setting to determine how to create relative URLs. If you have a custom URL for the intranet, or have moved the intranet to a new site, follow these instructions to update the Web Location.
Update Web Location
- Update the binding for the site in IIS to use the new URL if not already done.
Note: This step is not necessary if you are just removing "/Intranet' for the URL as detailed above.
- Log into the intranet using the new URL as an administrator (e.g. kellybristow / password)
- Click the Admin link near the top right ( or go directly to this page http://<new URL>/admin/sitesettings/site_settings.cfm?tabidx=1)
- It should show the admin screen, with the Setup tab displayed by default.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page you you should see a Web Location option under System Information, Intranet Application.
- If the new URL is different from the current Web Location, you will see warning text in red, display the new and old URL.
- Click the "Update Web Location" button to update the intranet to use the new URL.
Update Scheduled Task
In addition to updating the web location, you must also update the scheduled task in either the Railo or Lucee administrator.
- If you are on Version 13.0: Login to the Railo Administrator
If you are on Version 13.5: Login to the Lucee Administrator
- Default password is usually "connections"
- Find the Schedule (or Scheduler) menu item.
- Change the URL to match the server's new URL.