In this article, you'll find instructions to upgrade to Version 13.5 Policy Assist, as well as prerequisites required prior to performing the upgrade. Learn more about Version 13.5 features.
- On your Intranet admin page, verify that your site is up to at least 13.0.7. If not, please apply the most recent patch.
- ** Backup your SQL database AND your Intranet folder ** SQL 2008 or newer is required.
- Backup the web.config file in your webroot folder.
- Note your Railo Web Administrator password
- If you use Active Directory synchronization, take a screenshot of your settings (admin > security > AD login synchronization) for future reference
- Have an active user account with “Super Admin” permissions in your intranet
- Ensure there are no pending updates or reboots on the web server
- Log onto your web server as a local administrator (Domain Administrator logins do not have enough rights).
- On your web server, click here to access the upgrade site. You will be asked for your username (your account's primary email address) and your password (the production serial number). Save the file to system (eg. C:\Temp)
- On the C drive of the web server, create a temporary folder for the upgrade called "ICUpgrade". Right click the zipped Upgrade13.5.X.zip folder and select ‘Extract All…’ to the "ICUpgrade" folder, follow on-screen prompts to complete file extraction on the server.
- In the Upgrade135PS folder Open InstallDetails.txt.
Copy the content of InstallDetails.txt to your clipboard. This script will be used to extract configuration information from your intranet to perform the migration.
- If you've changed your Railo Web Administrator password, you'll need to change it to match yours in the location illustrated below
- On your workstation, open a web browser and navigate to your Intranet.
- Go to “Admin” > In “Settings” section > under “Extensions” header > Execute Custom Code.
- Paste into the message box area of the execute custom code box and click “execute”
- Your browser will download an XML file containing configuration details of your intranet
Save this file and place it on your web server in the Upgrade135PS\config folder
- Uninstall IIS URL Re-write module, if installed (Check Programs and Features to see if this module is installed)
- Change the User Account Control settings on the web server to Never Notify. For more information, read this Microsoft UAC article.
- Right click start.bat located in the Upgrade135PS folder and select “Run as administrator”, your upgrade will start.
- A prompt window will open asking if you’d like to keep IIS features and roles, click “Yes”.
- At the end of the upgrade a web browser will open up to clean up files that are no longer needed. If this page takes a long time to load refresh the page.
- You may need to complete this step on your workstation. Simply copy the URL into a browser on your machine.
- Once the upgrade process is complete, the command prompt window will ask you to press any key to exit the upgrader.
- Navigate to your intranet Admin page and verify you are on version 13.5.4 and Lucee version 4.5.5.006.
- On the web server, you can now set the User Account Control setting back to its previous level.
- You can delete the temporary folder "ICUpgrade" on the web server
- Adjust the memory settings for Lucee and ElasticSearch
If a problem occurs, the upgrade process will stop and an error message will be displayed in the command prompt window.
You are able to review the log of what occurred by navigating to the timestamped log file located in Upgrade135PS\logs.
In Upgrade135PS\docs you will find RollbackInstructions.doc, this documentation will walk you through the necessary steps to rollback any changes that occurred during upgrade.
Please send the contents of the log file to email@example.com and we'll work with you to resolve any issues encountered.