There are many ways to use your intranet as an effective tool for both communication and collaboration, using some of the built-in functionality of our intranet software.
Email is everywhere, and emailing is such a common task that it can become reflexive to use it for all communication. Unfortunately, using email for all communication can also create stress for employees as they try to prioritize the endless flow in their inbox.
Luckily, your intranet can help with corporate intranet volume. Our blog has lots of helpful information about solutions for reducing organizational email, including:
- sharing company announcements with only an email teaser and link to the full intranet story
- making the intranet staff's default home page
- removing 'all staff' send options in email (i.e. other than for key staff such as HR)
Read more in the links below.
From the IC Blog
- How To Elevate Employee Communication
- 5 Ways to Improve Internal Information Sharing
- Improve Communication In The Workplace With The Right Tools
- Why Tech Companies Fail at Effective Communication Strategies in the Workplace
- 3 Time Saving Ideas for the Office – Reducing Email Volume
- Facing Company Communication Overload?
- 4 Powerful Internal Communication Tools to Eliminate Emails
- Reducing Email Volume within Your Organization
Collaboration is essential for successful work projects. To facilitate collaboration, staff can get to know each other through Employee Profiles or message boards (aka an employee Wall).
Collaboration can also be enhanced by sharing:
- dates in an Events Calendar
- ideas and thoughts in a Discussion Board topic
- updates in a blog
- files in the Documents App
Any of the above tools can also be contained within a Department or Team Site, so only the members of that group can access the information. Learn more in the blog posts linked below.
From the IC Blog
- Your Intranet as a Project Collaboration Tool
- Stop Using Email For Internal Collaboration Software
- 3 Ways You can Leverage Your Intranet for Employee Collaboration
- Effectively use Your Intranet as Collaboration Software
- Top 5 Reasons Why Collaboration on Intranets Fail
- Using Your Intranet for Project Management Tools