As fixes and enhancements come out for current versions of the software, patches are provided to apply these changes to your Intranet Connections software version.
If you've missed previous patches for your intranet version, simply apply the latest patch, as it includes all previous patches for that version.
Some patches require specific instructions and can't be applied normally. In this case, special instructions will be provided in the Admin area under the Product Updates section.
Guides to Patching your Software
The following methods are available to download patches for your intranet version. For cases where the intranet does not have a connection to the internet, you would need to download the patch manually as mentioned in Method Two.
Prior to patching, we recommend creating a backup of both the SQL Database and your Intranet files folder. In the event of an issue during patching, restoring from a backup is the only way to get your intranet back to pre-patch condition.
Method One - Download Patch Through Admin Interface
This is the most commonly used method for downloading patches.
- Navigate to your Admin site
- Click the Setup tab
- Click download where a new patch is available under the Product Updates section
- Wait for the download to complete, click Install
- The page should refresh showing the new version number (e.g. Version 13.5.4)
Method Two - Download Patch Manually
Computers running Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016 apply a 'block' attribute to zip files when downloaded. Right-click > select Properties > look for Security > check the box beside Unblock and click Apply.
This method is used when your intranet doesn't have an internet connection.
- Navigate to Patch Release Notes in the Help Center and click on your current version's patch page to find where you can download the latest patch manually.
- Don't extract the contents of the zip file as the software will do this automatically.
- On your software, navigate to Admin > Setup (previous versions may have a 'Site Settings' or 'Settings' tab)
- Click the link click here to upload file
- Select the downloaded patch file
- Click Install
- Allow the patch process to complete
Patch Install Complete
Once the patch has finished installing, the browser will refresh and reveal your new patch number. If the page appears to stay on the install screen for longer than 10 minutes, try refreshing the page as the updater may have timed out.