Insights (Version 14.0) replaces the previous Stats application with the new Insights application. Insights lets you measure intranet adoption and engagement, manage content, and optimize search.
- Main Dashboard uses graphics to display overall intranet activity in terms of people and minutes. Useful for measuring intranet adoption over time.
- Application Usage Dashboard shows intranet activity by views grouped at the application level. Useful for discovering which applications staff are using the most and least.
- Content Dashboard shows intranet activity by item views. Useful for measuring how many people read the latest company news announcement, or to find old documents for removal.
- Search Dashboard displays popular search terms by number of searches. Useful for ensuring staff are finding what they are searching for.
- Saved Dashboards allows you to save custom filters and sorting for quick reference in the future
From the Intranet Connections Blog
The main dashboard displays overall internet adoption and engagement in an engaging way.
- People Metric shows the percentage of total staff who visited the intranet in a given time period
- Engagement Metric shows an average of user behavior
- How many times they visit the intranet per day
- How many minutes they spend per day on the intranet
Filters allows you to view your organization’s intranet usage for a cross section of your organization or content. New filtering options include:
- Viewing intranet usage by a particular department or location
- Viewing activity by a particular department, site, or item
- Viewing activity in a particular time range
- Combination of all the above
For example, if you added a new Marketing site to your intranet, you can measure:
- How often the Marketing department visits the new site
- Which applications Marketing uses the most
- What content is the most popular
The search dashboard gives you visibility into how your users are using global search. It displays:
- The exact terms users are typing into search
- How often specific terms are being search for
- Whether or not a user found a result after searching
If you prefer to do your own summaries or graphs in Excel, Insights provides you the ability to export the underlying data which powers each dashboard. It exports the individual records used to create summaries. The export format is .CSV which can easily be imported into an Excel spreadsheet.