Policy Assist (Version 13.5) introduces new features as well as improvements to existing functionality centralized around policy management.
Enhancements within this release include:
- Policy/Procedure Read and Confirm
- Policy/Procedure Review Dates & Reminders
- Policy Manager
- Image Slider Widget for rotating banners on your home page
- Drag and Drop File Upload for easier uploading of multiple files
- AD Synchronization Service which can target multiple domain servers and Organizational Units (OUs)
Active Directory (AD) Synchronization Improvements
- Manage each connection individually between the same Domain, or for multiple domains
- Flexibility in pulling in only what you are looking for (logins only, employee profiles and logins, or groups)
- See a preview of what users and/or groups will be coming over
- See a preview of what employee information will be pulled over from AD
- Enhanced AD Logging
For ease of use, you can now add folders on the front end of the application. This functionality will be available to users who have the ability to add folders (Admins, App owners, etc) are able to click ‘Add Folder’ to add a new folder to the existing folder structure.
Drag & Drop Multiple File Upload
Appbuilder now has the option of allowing users with the ‘add’ permission to drag and drop multiple files at once. Note: Folders can't be dragged into this area, they have to be manually created within the app.
Policy Read & Confirm
With the enhancements around policy management tools, the first item is Read & Confirm. This feature allows policy owners to review who has read and agreed to understanding a specific policy or procedure. In this new release, Policy owners can actually target specific users or groups of people that will be required to read and agree.
The dashboard option allows them to view who has not yet read this policy and allows you to configure up to 3 reminders which can include site alerts, email alerts, or both.
Policy/Procedure Review Dates & Reminders
Combined with the Read Confirmation piece, you can also set up Review reminders for policy owners which are separated from the content owners. Similar to Read Confirmation, you will have a dashboard screen available showing any outstanding review dates that have passed, as well as any that are upcoming. You can configure up to 3 reminders for the review date approaching which can include site alerts, email alerts, or both.
Looking for an easy way to access your Policies and tasks? An additional feature has been added within the Employee Directory interface for a quick review of any policies, review dates, or tasks that you would need to be aware of.
With the Policy Assist release, the Review Date field has additional features attached to it, such as:
- Notification interface allowing configuration of up to 3 reminders for each item
- User dashboard reminder
When an item has the Review On option enabled, you can now view items with a Review On date to see when items are coming up for review.
Image Slider and Policy Read & Confirm Widgets
Image Slider Widget
Looking to spruce up your widget pages by having a sliding banner show various images which link off to different areas of the intranet? We now have an Image Slider widget available as one of the Simple Widget options. This widget can be added to any widget page as desired.
Read & Confirm widget
To help employees stay on top of items requiring their approval, you can choose to implement a handy Read Confirm widget showing which policies are currently waiting review.