Elevate Experience (Version 14.5) focuses on improvements in the user experience, as well as engaging employees and getting them to read company news and important stories.
Migrating links that used to be spread across the intranet into the new Toolbar delivers the expected user experience for a web application, the compact header allows you to put your logo inline with top navigation, and Storyboard is a new feature to promote the most important stories you want to communicate to staff. Upgrade now to Version 14.5.
- Toolbar at the top of the application centralizes all application links to the top of the window, allowing for a cleaner user interface.
- Compact header option frees up more space 'above the fold' so content is displayed higher on pages.
- Storyboard provides a visually compelling way to deliver important news, with interactive elements which encourages staff to read, view, or listen to company news.
The Toolbar shows for all users at the top of every intranet screen. Icons displayed in the Toolbar are based on the current user's permissions (i.e. only Admins see Admin links).
The image below shows the same site in Version 14.0 and in Version 14.5 for comparison.
- All users will see Home, Toolbox, Bookmarks, Alerts, personal profile, and Search.
- Home icon allows users to easily return to the Home Page of the home intranet site.
- Bookmarks function has been promoted to the Toolbar to make them more accessible. Previously you had to click My Profile > Bookmarks to go to a bookmark.
- Updates icon uses an alert badge (red circle) so administrators know when a new patch or version is available
- Simple Theme Editor has been redesigned and is now available through the Theme Icon. Improved functionality includes logo spacing and refined color palette management.
- Help provides a quick link to the Intranet Connections Help Center with support articles and best practices.
- Profile function displays the name and picture of the current user and allows for quick in-place status updates.
Logo Header Options
To free up vertical space, there are now two available logo options:
- Banner - same as the previous version, where logo is above top navigation and can span the width of the page
- Compact - logo is displayed inline with the top navigation (i.e. beside the navigation)
Storyboard is a new feature that provides a compelling graphic way to promote the most important stories to your staff.
- Stories are displayed as cards with a title along with an image, video, or audio file.
- A Story can link to either content within the intranet or an external link.
- When the link points to a video or audio file hosted on streaming services, the media can be played directly within the Story card.
- The NEW flag on a story makes it easy for staff to know which stories they haven’t read, as the flag clears once they've viewed a story.
- The click count displays the total number of times a story has been clicked, organization-wide (i.e. not unique clicks). This provides the content creator with feedback on the popularity of their content, as well as enticing users to read stories.
From the Intranet Connections Blog
To deliver a cleaner, simpler experience, the following features have been deprecated with Version 14.5:
- Tutorial Builder
- Ability for Admins to reposition the search box and turn on/off links such as My Profile.
- Toolbox links for Share Content and Generate Link
- Feedback link - the built-in link is no longer provided due to the redesign of the top of the screen. However, providing a feedback link for users is recommended, and this function can be replicated by creating a simple feedback form, then adding a Feedback link in the intranet navigation, or a link or icon on the Home Page.