The Contacts App provides a central location for staff to access key business links and other contact information.
In This Article
Putting in place a Contacts App allows for all staff to access an accurate list of contacts specific to key functions of the organization, such as stationery suppliers, approved hotels, or software vendors.
Build Your Contacts
Start by following the process to add an App to a site.
Once you have the App in place, on the App Card change the title and/or description if you want to customize it for your intranet. You might want to name it something that more closely reflects its purpose. Click Create if you'll return to it later, or Build if you want to start customizing or adding content right away.
Default Contacts Layout
The Contacts App comes with a standard layout for its default home page, List View, and Item View, as shown with sample content below. All layouts can be customized.
App Home Page View
As with all Apps, there are many ways to customize. When you're in the App, hover over the Admin icon in the Toolbar, and click App Admin to access the settings.
Other than the name and description, you can:
- Choose which fields to display - click Manage Fields to view the current fields in the Contacts App. If you mouse over a field you'll get the crosshairs which allow you to hold and drag the field to reposition it, or you can click the edit pencil to show more options or the red circle to delete the field. Learn more about managing fields in the App Overview article.
- Change the layout - edit the layout of the App Home page, List View, or Item View. Learn more about Layout for Apps.
- Use folders to group contents - click Folders | Security to add, rename, or delete folders to categorize links. Click on the folder name to adjust the security of that folder. Learn more about Security for Apps.
- Add an approval function - click Approval Workflow, then click on a folder name to assign an Approval Manager workflow by folder. Learn more about managing folder workflow in the App Overview article.
- Advertise items - click Advertising Options, then click on a folder name to determine whether items in that folder will be advertised to the site homepage.
These are just a few of the many ways you can customize the Contacts App so it works best for your organization. For inspiration, there's a pre-built customized version of Contacts already on the Home Site of your newly-installed intranet, called Business Links, as shown below.