The Toolbar shows for all users at the top of every intranet screen. Icons displayed in the Toolbar are based on the current user's permissions (i.e. only Admins see Admin icons).
In This Article
The Admin Toolbar is shown below with all icons. Some icons are contextual and may appear or disappear. For example, Edit Page only shows if you're on a page where you can make some type of edit.
All icons shown above are described in detail below.
The Updates icon shows your annual renewal status on hover, as well as the number of available updates (see image below). Specifically:
- a countdown of the number of days remaining in your annual maintenance period. Note that an invoice is sent to the primary contact we have on file, as well as any billing contacts on your account, approximately 45 days in advance of the expiration date
- software patches available for your version
- upgrades to new versions; as shown below, the READ MORE link takes you to the related Help Center article on patches
The display of this information depends on Web Services being enabled and connected; learn more about Web Services in the Scheduled Tasks article.
The Edit Page icon appears when you're on a page that you have Admin rights to edit. The option also appears on hover over the Admin icon. Learn more about Pages.
The Theme icon allows for quick adjustments to your intranet's home site theme. More extensive updates can be made with the Advanced Theme Editor.
All design changes made are previewed below the theme panel. To exit Theme without saving any changes, click DISCARD. To save and exit Theme, click SAVE.
This section allows you to add a logo, adjust spacing, and get the colors of the logo to use elsewhere in the site.
- (1) Current Logo - if there's already a logo in place on the intranet, the file name will show here
- Logo Spacing increases the space around the logo by the amount specified
- (2) Upload a New Logo - click Choose Image if you want to add a new logo
- (3) Logo Colors - Clicking GET LOGO COLORS will display the colors in your logo
- (4) Add to Color Palette - click this option to add the colors to your color palette which can be used in the heading COLORS
- (5) Confirmation prompt (see below) - this prompt will let you know if adding the colors to the palette was successful or not depending on how many colors you may already have. Simply delete the colors from the color tab to add more colors from your logo.
In the Header section you're given two options for header and navigation layout:
- (1) Compact header - the logo will appear beside your Global Navigation:
- (2) Separated Header & Nav - where the logo is above the Global navigation:
- (3) Header Height & Nav Height - allows you to configure heights for each of the options chosen
- (4) Choose Background Image - If your logo is transparent, you can click 'CHOOSE IMAGE' to add a background image
Some organizations like to switch out the site background or header to tie in with seasonal or quarterly themes. Learn more in the Get Creative With Your Intranet article.
Here you can set your intranet to a fixed width, or choose 'expand to browser'. Our recommendation is to use the fixed width option as a best practice in designing your site, to avoid potential design challenges.
Expand to browser (legacy setting) does not make your site responsive, it will only stretch the site to the size of your browser. If viewing the site in smaller resolutions/monitor sizes, the content may require scrolling.
Site width can also be set under Global Width on the Design tab.
In the Site Background section, choose a color or image to display at the sides of your site when the fixed width size isn't large enough to fill a screen.
Click in the color box to display a small color selection window, with color picker, hex code, RGB, all colors in the Color Palette, and a grey/white box for a transparent option (for select fields).
The Colors section lets you set some limited color options for your intranet. Full options are available in the Advanced Theme Editor; learn more about the Advanced Theme Editor.
The Color Palette on the right can be pulled from your logo colors, using the option in the Logo section under Theme. You can add more colors of your choosing by clicking the blue plus sign, and either adding by hex code, RGB, or the color picker; mouse away from the small color window to show the new color in the palette. To remove a color, mouse over the color to reveal a red X; click the X to remove the color, then click SAVE at the top of the window to retain your changes.
There are several options for setting site colors, with their locations indicated by the arrows, above; the header color also changes the global navigation mouseover and megamenu color.
As you choose an option, it will immediately show in the theme preview. If you don't want to retain your choice, either set it back to the original color, or click DISCARD to exit without saving changes.
Choose a font and font size for your entire intranet. You can also add new fonts to your intranet.
Note that if you used the Advanced Theme Editor to make changes to your intranet font, those changes will be overwritten. Learn more about the Advanced Theme Editor.
Storyboards can appear on Site Home Pages and have Stories that promote content with an image (or video) and link. This icon gives access to the edit functions of Storyboard.
Learn more about Storyboards in the Storyboard Overview article.
The Help icon connects directly to our Help Center homepage.
Alerts & Personal Profile
The Alerts icon shows the current number of unread personal alerts. Clicking the icon takes the user to My Dashboard, where they can see details of the alerts. Learn more in the 'Alerts' section of the My Dashboard article.
The personal profile shows options on hover, including direct links to My Profile and My Dashboard, plus the option to Logout. You can also update personal status directly in this window.
On hover, the Admin icon gives context-specific options depending whether you're on a Page, App, Site, etc. For example, if you're on a Page within a Site, you'll have settings and edit links for both the page and the site.
When clicked the Admin icon takes you to the Admin area with tabs for extensive control of many intranet functions, as follows: