The Buy and Sell application could also be described as your intranet classifieds, Craigslist, or Kijiji.
The Buy and Sell provides a way for your staff to connect with each other to sell or give away items, and is an easy way to help engage and connect staff.
If your organization is concerned about possible inappropriate use of the Buy and Sell, you can easily add a moderation feature so that no item will display without first being approved.
Build Your Buy and Sell
Start by following the process to add an App to a site.
Once you have the App in place, on the App Card change the title and/or description if you want to customize it for your intranet. You might want to name it something that relates to your company, or have a contest for employees to create a name. Click Create if you'll return to it later, or Build if you want to start customizing or adding content right away.
Default Buy and Sell Layout
The Buy and Sell App comes with a standard layout for its default home page, List View, and Item View, as shown with sample content below. All layouts can be customized.
App Home Page View
Layout > Home Page > Folder tree/list
Layout Type: List
Layout Type: Collapsible List
Customize Buy and Sell
As with all Apps, there are many ways to customize. When you're in the App, hover over the Admin icon in the Toolbar, and click App Admin to access the settings.
Other than the name and description, you can:
- Choose which fields to display - click Manage Fields to view the current fields on the Buy and Sell. If you mouse over a field you will get the crosshairs which allow you to hold and drag the field to reposition it, or you can click the edit pencil to show more options or the red circle to delete the field. Learn more about managing fields in the App Overview article.
- Change the layout - edit the layout of the App Home page, List View, or Item View. Learn more about Layout for Apps.
- Use folders to group contents - click Folders | Security to add, rename, or delete folders to categorize Buy and Sell listings. Click on the folder name to adjust the security of that folder. Learn more about Security for Apps.
- Add an approval function - click Approval Workflow, then click on a folder name to assign an Approval Manager workflow by folder. Learn more about managing folder workflow in the App Overview article.
- Advertise items - click Advertising Options, then click on a folder name to determine whether items in that folder will be advertised to the site homepage.
These are just a few of the many ways you can customize the Buy and Sell application so it fits with your goals. Have fun and make it work for your staff.