In this article, you'll find instructions to upgrade to Version 14.5 (Elevate Experience), as well as prerequisites required prior to performing the upgrade. Learn more about the feature enhancements in Version 14.5.
This version is compatible with supported browsers Chrome, Firefox, IE11 and Edge.
Note: versions of Microsoft IE (10 and below) will encounter layout problems.
Prep for Upgrade
Preparation is key to a successful upgrade. Ensure all of the following items have been checked off before beginning your upgrade.
Start by reading the Upgrade Process Overview article to understand the entire process.
Access to Upgrade Files
- Confirm the version of your software is 14.0.1+ and your organization is currently active on maintenance (if you're not and would like to become active, email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- In advance of the upgrade, login and download the 14.5.1 Upgrade zip file (e.g. ICUPG1451.zip - it's important to do this in advance so the upgrade process isn't stopped after you've allocated resources and advised users
- UserName: email address of the Primary contact (i.e. typically the person responsible for contacting Intranet Connections for Support; if you're unsure, email support@intranetConnections.com and we can confirm the Primary contact email)
- Password: product serial number, found in the Admin area on the Setup tab
- Save the file to C:\Temp
- You must have Super Admin rights on the intranet
- SQL Server - System Administrator account name and password will be required (i.e. SQL account, not Windows auth)
- Lucee / Railo - Administrator password will be required; test password by logging in at the path (e.g. http://<servername>/lucee/admin/web.cfm)
- Check the supported web server requirements for the destination server (note that 2008 R2 will likely also work but is not officially supported)
- Web Server access:
- web server local admin access - upgrade requires the ability to create a folder on the C drive
- apply pending Windows updates and restart the web server
- ASP.NET 4.5.2 or higher
- DefaultAppPool (Intranet's AppPool within IIS) requires .NET CLR Version set to v4.0
- IIS configuration - disable Basic Authentication on the intranet website (i.e. default website)
- Browser prep - if you've installed a new server, open default browser at least once to allow browser configuration to complete
Prior to starting your upgrade, back up your intranet database and application files, as outlined in the Upgrade Process Overview article. Do not proceed with your upgrade if you haven't backed up files.
- Log onto your web server as a local administrator (Domain Administrator logins do not have enough rights) - disable both User Access Control and Anti-Virus software.
- Right-click the zipped ICUPG1451.zip folder and select Properties. At the bottom of the properties window check if there is an option for Unblock; if there is, apply the Unblock option.
- Right-click the zipped ICUPG1451.zip folder and select Extract All…; follow the on-screen prompts to complete file extraction on the server.
- In the ICUPG1451 folder open InstallDetails.txt.
- Copy the content of InstallDetails.txt to your clipboard. This script will be used to extract configuration information from your intranet to perform the migration.
- If you've changed your Railo/Lucee administrator password from the default, update it in in text file as shown below
- On your Intranet, go to the Admin area > Setup tab.
- In the Settings section under Extensions, click Execute Custom Code (note: you must be logged in as a Super Admin to see this option).
- Paste into the message box area of the execute custom code box and click Execute. Your browser will download an XML file containing configuration details of your intranet.
- Save this file and place it on your web server in the ICUPG1451\config folder.
- Right-click the start.bat file located in the ICUPG1451 folder and click Run as administrator.
- Once the upgrade process is complete, the command prompt window will ask you to press any key to exit the upgrader.
- In your intranet's Admin area, look on the Setup tab to verify you're now on Version 14.5.1 and at least Lucee version 4.5.5.006.
- On the web server, set the User Account Control setting back to its previous level.
- Delete the temporary folder ICUPG1451 on the web server.
- Adjust the memory settings for Lucee and ElasticSearch
- Ensure your scheduled tasks are running (Admin > Scheduled Tasks). System Tasks should be enabled, Web Services should be enabled unless this is a development environment, and Active Directory Sync should only be enabled if you are using AD Sync.
- Ensure that when you hover over the Admin icon and click the Stats link that the stats page opens.
- The day after upgrading, ensure that data shows on the stats page.
Server Error in '/statistics' Application
Depending on the SQL environmental configurations, you may encounter an error regarding the statistics similar to below.
Server Error in '/statistics' Application. Login failed for user 'intranetconnections'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.Sql Exception: Login failed for user 'intranetconnections'.
This error can be caused by the credentials having been changed for the 'intranetconnections' SQL login. To resolve this, you'll need to update the password found in the connectionstrings.config file to match what the password for the 'intranetconnections' SQL login has been changed to. The default location for the connectionstrings.config file is C:\inetpub\wwwroot\statistics\connectionStrings.config.
Errors During the Upgrade
Depending on environmental configurations, you may encounter an error during the upgrade process. If a problem occurs, the upgrade process will stop and an error message will be displayed in the command prompt window, similar to the following image.
You can review the log of what occurred by navigating to the logs folder, located within your upgrade folder. Please send the contents of the log file to email@example.com to open up a ticket and we'll work with you to resolve any issues encountered.