Unlike the other widget types within our software, Application Feed is multi-functional as it displays content differently depending on the type of app selected.
Click on the corresponding app type below to jump to that app type:
- Appbuilder - Apps included in this list, based on template name when adding new apps, are Appbuilder, Documents, Company News, Contacts, Buy & Sell, Job Center, Knowledgebase, Share Recipes, Suggestion Box, Task Manager
- ibrary may also show up here if you're utilizing an Appbuilder version of this app, otherwise, Library will be found under the Library section.
- Company Store - only shows content from the Company Store, such as new items for sale
- Discussion Board - only shows topics published to this online forum app
- e-Form Builder - refers to the Online Forms app (also known as forms, e-form, fill out a form online, etc) which displays forms recently published (doesn't include responses to these forms)
- Events Calendar / Training - Shows events added to the 2 calendar apps in our software
- Library - Shows items added to our legacy library app
- Photo Albums - Shows images added to the photo album app
Settings applied to the widget include:
- Display - depending on the app type, you may be choosing between recent items, list of upcoming events, slideshow (photo album), etc.
- Item Count - this always refers to the number of items to appear in the widget from the targeted app(s). If you're pulling from an app or apps that contain many items, this will change how many items display on the page.
- Checkbox options - These options will only display for items with a list of items, similar to the view you can see in the 'New Documents' image below. This won't display for Photo Album when viewing as a slideshow.
- Widget width and height - By default, your widget will automatically fit the content based on the width of the column in the page, as well as if you have multiple widgets in the same row.
- Fixed height is great for widgets that can grow large as you can have better control of your page layout without some widgets being taller than others.
- If an image is added that's too large, this is an exception and will push the content outside of the boundaries.
- Data Caching - this is a legacy setting that made it easier for older browsers to handle loading the widget pages faster by caching data.
- View More link - this widget will sometimes show the option of 'view more'. This means that only one app is selected (regardless of type). If this option is missing, this means you have more than one app selected and it doesn't know which app to take users to.
- This link takes users to the 'home' view of the targeted app.
You can select specific folders within the selected app as desired by clicking the pencil icon:
In selecting specific folders, the 'view more' link will still take you to the 'home' view of the targeted app.
Refer to the app types below for the specific settings based on the app type you're configuring.
For content pulled from appbuilder apps (e.g. Documents, Company News, Buy & Sell, etc), this content displays as a list of items, as shown here:
The settings available for Appbuilder are:
- Display - For Appbuilder, you can choose between recent items and random.
- Recent displays the latest items in order of their publish date. If you need to rearrange the order, this can only be done by modifying the item's 'publish date' (by default, this is the creation date of the item unless you've set a date in the future for the publish date).
- Random will randomize the most recent documents based on the 'item count' you've defined.
For content pulled from Company Store apps, this is used to display recently added merchandise to the selected Company Store App(s) and displays as a list of items similar to Appbuilder:
Unlike Appbuilder, you're only able to see the name of the item as well as a short description if available. The settings available for Company Store are:
For content pulled from Discussion Board (or Forum), this is used to display recently added Topics within a folder/category in a similar view to Appbuilder:
Unlike Appbuilder, you're only able to see the name of the item as well as a short description if available, application name, and category name. The settings available for Discussion Board are:
For content pulled from e-Form Builder (or Online Forms), this is used to display recently added Forms in a similar view to Appbuilder:
The settings available for e-Form Builder are:
Events Calendar / Training
For the Events Calendar app, the options are different from the other types of apps that you can select. With this app type, you can choose between a list of upcoming events (shown left), or a simplified monthly calendar view (showed right). Instead of showing recently added content like the others, you can specify to show upcoming events within a specified number of days. For the Monthly calendar, it's meant to inform which days have events. Users can click on the date to display the list of events for that day:
Note: It's not possible to have the monthly calendar view display full details as it does when navigating to the Calendar.
In many cases, our customers will sometimes have both view options shown side by side (as shown above) so that users don't have to click into the dates to see the upcoming events.
The settings available for Events Calendar and Training are:
The View Type is where you can change between the list view and the calendar view. Days is unique to the calendars as you're displaying events for up to x number of days in the future, or 0 for all of the current day's events.
For content pulled from the legacy Library app, this feed is used to display recently added items within a folder/category:
The settings available for Library are:
For content pulled from the photo album, this feed is used to display recently added images:
While the widget doesn't allow for an auto-rotation of the images, users can scroll to the next set of images with the arrow as shown above.
Note: It's recommended to not have more than one of these widgets as it can experience issues, and multiple photo albums can be fed into the same widget feed.
The settings available for Photo Albums are:
Photo Albums has unique options from the other app types as outlined below:
- Item Count - This is the total number of images to feed into this widget. If you have 30 images in your Photo Album app, but you only select 5 for item count, you'll only scroll through 5 images.
- Keep in mind that as new photos are added, you're selecting from the 5 more recent images added based on 'publish' or 'created' date.
- View type - as you can select a View Type of 'slideshow' to display the images as shown in the image example at the top of this section.
- Align - Additionally, you can select the alignment to display your images left, center, or right
- Items Per Slide - This option may be confused with the item count above, but this refers to how many images are displaying at once within your widget.
- Keep in mind that if your widget is small (i.e. it's in the center column with more than 1 widget in the row), this can cause your widget to have a scroll bar for users to see the number of items in the image
- Dimensions - Specify the image size for each image displayed in the slideshow
- It's recommended to use a 1/1 ratio for the size and to keep them small as clicking on the image will display the original size