In this article, you'll find instructions to upgrade to Version 14.0 Insights, as well as prerequisites required prior to performing the upgrade. Learn more about Version 14.0 features.
Unlike previous upgrades, this upgrade process can upgrade your software directly from Version 13.0 to Version 14.0.
This version is compatible with supported browsers Chrome, Firefox, IE11 and Edge. Note: versions of Microsoft IE (10 and below) will encounter layout problems.
- Confirm the version of your software is either 13.0.9+ (for current Version 13.0 customers) or 13.5.5+ (for current Version 13.5 customers)
- You must have Super Admin rights on the Intranet
- Web Server access:
- Web Server local admin access - upgrade requires the ability to create a folder on the C drive
- Disable User Access Control
- Disable Anti-Virus software
- Apply pending updates and restart the Web Server
- Check the supported web server requirements for the destination server (note that 2008 R2 will likely also work but is not officially supported).
- ASP.NET 4.5.2 or higher
- DefaultAppPool (Intranet's AppPool within IIS) requires .NET CLR Version set to v4.0
- IIS configuration
- Disable 'Basic Authentication' on the intranet website (e.g. default website)
- SQL Server
- The System Administrator account name and password will be required during the upgrade
- Lucee / Railo Administrator Password
- Example of the path in Version 13.0: http://<servername>/railo-context/admin/web.cfm
- Example of the path in Version 13.5: http://<servername>/lucee/admin/web.cfm
- Default browser
- For new servers, open the default web browser (e.g. Edge) and complete browser configuration.
- Follow the processes outlined for backing up the Intranet Database and application files
Download the 14.0 Upgrade zip file (e.g. ICUPG14015.zip)
- Save the file to C:\Temp
- Right-click on the file > click Properties > check the box beside 'Unblock' > click OK
- The Username is the email address of the primary contact we have on file
- The Password is your product serial number (located on your Intranet Admin > Setup tab)
Historical Intranet Statistics
During this upgrade, the time limit for your intranet statistics will automatically be set to 365 days to optimize performance, and all previous historical statistical information will be purged. If you want to compare year-over-year statistics, or retain all of your historical statistical data, and are willing to accept a reduction in performance (extent will depend on your number of users and length of time retained), contact email@example.com prior to upgrading and our Support Team can assist in adjusting your settings.
- Log onto your web server as a local administrator (Domain Administrator logins do not have enough rights)
- Right-click the zipped ICUPG14015.zip folder and select 'Properties', at the bottom of the properties window check if there is an option for 'Unblock' if there is click the unblock option
- Right-click the zipped ICUPG14015.zip folder and select ‘Extract All…’, follow on-screen prompts to complete file extraction on the server
- In the ICUPG14015 folder Open InstallDetails.txt
Copy the content of InstallDetails.txt to your clipboard
- Refer to the image located below the instructions to update the password for the Railo Web Administrator (Version 13.0) or Lucee Web Administrator (Version 13.5) if this password has been changed
- Navigate to your Intranet
- Go to “Admin” > In “Settings” section > under “Extensions” header > Execute Custom Code (You must be logged in as a Super Admin to see this option)
- Paste into the message box area of the execute custom code box and click “execute”
- Your browser will download an XML file containing configuration details of your intranet
- Save this file and place it on your web server in the ICUPG1401\config folder
- If you're upgrading from Version 13.0 follow the following sub step, if you're upgrading from 13.5 then skip this step
- Look for and uninstall the IIS URL Rewrite Module 2.0 as an installed Programs
- Right-click the start.bat file located in the ICUPG1401 folder > click “Run as administrator”
- The install will prompt for the database’s administrator login and password, use the SQL Server System Administrator login
- When prompted to keep IIS features and roles, click Yes
- At the end of the upgrade a web browser will open up to clean up files that are no longer needed. If this page takes a long time to load refresh the page
- You may need to complete this step on your workstation. Simply copy the URL into a browser on your machine
- Once the upgrade process is complete, the command prompt window will ask you to press any key to exit the upgrader
- Navigate to your intranet Admin page and verify you're on version 14.0 and Lucee version 4.5.5.006
- On the web server, you can now set the User Account Control setting back to its previous level
- You can delete the temporary folder " ICUPG14015" on the web server
- Adjust the memory settings for Lucee and ElasticSearch
- Ensure your scheduled tasks are running (Admin -> Scheduled Tasks) System Tasks should be enabled, Web Services should be enabled unless this is a development environment, and Adctive Directory Stnc should only be enabled if you are using AD Sync
- Ensure that the Stats link in the top right menu brings you to the stats page
- The following day ensure that data is shown on the stats page
Replace 'connections' with your Railo Web Administrator or Lucee Web Administrator password as shown in the image below
Server Error in '/statistics' Application
Depending on the SQL environmental configurations, you may encounter an error regarding the statistics simmilar to below.
Server Error in '/statistics' Application. Login failed for user 'intranetconnections'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'intranetconnections'.
This error can be caused by the credentials having been changed for the 'intranetconnections' SQL login. To resolve this, you'll need to update the password found in the connectionstrings.config file to match what the password for the 'intranetconnections' SQL login has been changed to. The default location for the connectionstrings.config file is C:\inetpub\wwwroot\statistics\connectionStrings.config.
Errors During the Upgrade
Depending on environmental configurations, you may encounter an error during the upgrade process. If a problem occurs, the upgrade process will stop and an error message will be displayed in the command prompt window, something similar to below.
You can review the log of what occurred by navigating to the timestamped log file located in IntranetConnectionsUpgrade14.0.0\logs.
Please send the contents of the log file to firstname.lastname@example.org to open up a ticket and we'll work with you to resolve any issues encountered.