Scheduled Tasks is under Admin on the Setup Tab, and includes System Tasks, Web Services, Active Directory Sync (these are all on one page as of Version 13.5.5). On this page, you can ensure the scheduled tasks are operating correctly, see when a task was last run and is expected to run again, see what it does, and pause the task. You also have the ability to add the proxy details in for the Web Services component.
If your scheduled task screen shows there's a problem or if it seems the scheduled tasks aren't running, there are a few steps you can complete prior to contacting Support:
- Permissions may need to be added in IIS for the Scheduled Folder - review the 'Intranet Connections Could Not Run Its Scheduled Process' article.
- If you're running version 13.5.x or higher, anonymous authentication needs to be enabled on the Intranet folder and all sub folders to be successful
- Lucee may need to be updated to the latest version - review the 'Update Lucee' article
- Your Intranet may need to be updated to the latest patch.
- Your Intranet web location may not be accurate:
- Click Admin and check the bottom of the screen does not show the ‘update locations’ button or anything in red.
- If ‘update locations’ is showing, and the web location does not read “…/localhost/…”, click the button to update the location
- If ‘update locations’ is showing and the web location reads “…/localhost/…”, please send a screenshot of this to the Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for advice and troubleshooting assistance
- Scheduled Task process may not be communicating with Lucee
- Navigate on the web server to the WEB-INF\Lucee\logs folder and locate the scheduler.log and the exception.log files
- Please send these logs to email@example.com for further review
- You may need to update a couple of files on the web server:
- Download the Lucee update zip file and unzip it
- Backup the C:\Lucee\Lib folder
- Stop the Lucee service
- Copy the files from the unzipped download to C:\Lucee\Lib and select to overwrite the existing files
- Restart the Lucee service
- You may need to add your SSL certificate into Lucee following the instructions in the 'HTTP to HTTPS Redirect' article.
After this, if your scheduled task is still not functioning as expected, please send screenshots of the Scheduled Tasks page from the Intranet along with the Scheduled Tasks page from Lucee Web Admin to firstname.lastname@example.org.