Railo / Lucee is a CFML engine which runs your intranet site.
In This Article
You can see which CFML engine you're running at the bottom right of the Admin screen in the Intranet.
- Version 13.5.x and above use Lucee
- Version 13.0.x uses Railo
The default password for both the web and server configuration consoles is connections. If you don't remember your password, learn how to reset it.
Accessing the Console
You can access the console from any machine, by default. Accessing the console depends on how you access the intranet.
If you use intranet.mycompany.com to access the intranet, your URL for the console needs to be either HTTP://intranet.mycompany.com/railo-context/admin/web.cfm or HTTP://intranet.mycompany.com/lucee/admin/web.cfm
If you use mycompany.com/intranet to access the intranet, your URL for the console needs to be either HTTP://mycompany.com/railo-context/admin/web.cfm or HTTP://mycompany.com/lucee/admin/web.cfm
- If you access the console on the web server itself, you can also use the server name in place of the intranet URL: HTTP://yourservername/railo-context/admin/web.cfm or HTTP://yourservername/lucee/admin/web.cfm
The Web Administrator defines local Settings for a web and the Server Administrator the global default values. In the Server Administrator global services like mappings, customtags, datasources etc. can be defined globally so that all webs have access to them. In the local Web Administrators global services can’t be deleted, they are readonly. In terms of Lucee and Railo, a web is similar to a webroot directory. Each Lucee or Railo web contains its own WEB-INF directory in which all individual web settings are stored. Every web has its own lucee-web.xml or railo-web.xml file which contains all administrator settings for this particular web. Lucee and Railo are able to separate webs logically. This means that you have your own local web administrator for each of the Lucee or Railo webs. With the help of this web administrator you can set up different datasources, mappings, debug-settings etc. for each individual web. And they can differ from web to web.
If you need to access the server configuration console, you can click the server tab after using the correct URL as noted above, or you can replace web.cfm with server.cfm in the URL.
Certificates are the only item that is installed and configured on the Server Console.
- Log into the Server tab of the console and click on SSL Certificates under Services
- Enter the host name the certificate is assigned to
- Click list
- Verify the details shown for the certificate found
- Click install if the details are accurate
- Navigate to any other menu item and then back to SSL Certificates to ensure it installed
Mappings are found under Archives and Resources on the left. Create your mapping with the following settings:
- /Intranet (if you have /intranet in your URL)
- / (if you do not have /intranet in your URL)
- Resource: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\intranet (or the location of your Intranet folder, if different)
- Archive: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\intranet\IntranetConnections.ras (or the location of the IntranetConnections.ras file, if different)
If you aren’t sure if you typically have /intranet in your URL, you can look to see where your WEB-INF folder is. By default, it is in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\. If it’s not there, it’ll be inside the Intranet folder. If it’s outside of the intranet folder, your mapping is ‘/intranet’. If it’s inside the Intranet folder, your mapping is ‘/’
If your mapping has anything in red, the path is incorrect.
Datasource is found under Services on the left. Create your datasource with the following settings:
- Name: SQLfunctions
- Type: MSSQL Microsoft SQL Server (Vendor jTDS)
- Click create
- Host/Server: Enter the hostname of the server your SQL database is installed on
- Database: Enter the name of the database; this is typically IntranetConnections
- Username: Enter a username with rights to the database; this is typically IntranetConnections
- Password: Enter the corresponding password (contact Support for the default password)
- Click create
The datasource will be verified. You should see a green ‘OK’ at the end of the line with the datasource listed. If you don’t, you will see an error.
If the error refers to an incorrect login, verify the username and password you’ve entered. You should be able to connect to the database using SQL Management Studio with the credentials entered.
If the error refers to ‘NetworkIOError’, the port number is incorrect. To correct this, open SQL Configuration Manager on the SQL server and expand SQL Server Network Configuration
- Click protocols for INTRACONNECTIONS
- Select TCP/IP then right click and select properties
- Click the IP Addresses tab
- Scroll to the bottom and your port is listed under TCP Dynamic Ports
Mail is found under Services on the left. To setup a new mapping for the Intranet follow these steps:
- Create your Mail setting with the following settings:
- Server (SMTP): enter the host name or IP address of your SMTP server
- Port: Default port is 25
- Username/Password: This is only required if your SMTP server requires authentication
- TLS/SSL: check if required
- Click Save
You can view emails that are in the queue to be sent by clicking on Tasks immediately below Mail. Anything in red is a failure and you can click the pencil icon to view the message.
If your email is not sending due to a 30 second timeout, as specified in the error, you can change that setting under Mail.
You can check and change the time zone by accessing the Regional settings. Regional is found under Settings on the left.
The default time zone settings are configured to be the same as the servers time zone the setting can be changed manually using the Time Zone option.
You can adjust how much memory is allocated to Lucee (Railo), as follows:
- Ensure that the web server has enough free RAM to adjust the allocation
- Locate Lucee-Tomcat Service Control in your programs menu (Railo-Tomcat Service Control if on Version 13.0.x)
- Right click Lucee-Tomcat Service Control and select Run as administrator
- On the Java tab of the Lucee-Tomcat Service Control, increase the Initial Memory Pool setting to 1024 (1 GB) and the Maximum Memory Pool setting to either 2048 or 4096 (2 GB or 4 GB)
- Click Apply
- On the General tab, click Stop, then Start