It's possible to setup a test environment on the same server as the production installation. However, this can cause problems for upgrades and serves as potential for your production installation to become contaminated with test data. As a result, this is not recommended.
If you need to setup a test environment on the same server as your production installation, contact Support for assistance.
- Setup the test server and complete the installation as per Intranet Connections Installation Guide article
- Do not configure this intranet
- Stop Lucee and World Wide Web Publishing services on the test server
- Copy C:\inetpub\wwwroot\intranet from the production server to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ on the test server overwriting the existing files
- Backup your production database for Intranet Connections (review the Backup the Intranet article)
- Restore your production database for Intranet Connections to the new test Intranet Connections database overwriting the existing database (review the Restore the Intranet article)
- Restart World Wide Web Publishing and Lucee services (in order)
- Log into the test intranet
Add a message box widget to the home page of the test site to denote it as a test site. This also serves as a test to ensure everything is configured correctly and there is no cross-contamination of data between production and test servers.