To move a existing Intranet to a new server you'll need to do a new installation on the new server then copy the file system and the database in from the original server. One reason for moving to a new server is so that significant changes can be made to the environment, such as having a new OS or more resources available.
Install Intranet Connections on the New Server
Setup the new server and complete the installation as per the Intranet Connections Installation Guide article.
- The version installed should match the version running on the original server
- Do not configure this new intranet
Move the Files From the Original Server to the New Server
- Stop Lucee and World Wide Web Publishing services on the new server
- Rename the Intranet folder to Intranet_Orig on the new server
- Copy the Intranet folder from original server (default location is either C:\inetpub\wwroot\ or C:\sqbox\webroot\) to the new server C:\sqbox\webroot\)
- Copy WEB-INF and web.config file from Intranet_Orig folder to copied Intranet folder
- Start Lucee and World Wide Web Publishing services on the new server
Move the Original SQL Database to the New SQL Database
With the new installation on the new server there will be a existing default database, a backup of the original database will need to be taken and restored over the new database. Learn how to move an existing databases content to a new database.
- Click Mappings under Archives & Resources.
- Confirm or Create the intranet mappings with the following details:
- Virtual: /
- Resource: C:\sqbox\webroot\Intranet
- Archive: C:\sqbox\webroot\Intranet\IntranetConnectons.ras
- Restart World Wide Web Publishing and Lucee services (in order)
- Access the intranet site through your browser
- If you log in and get redirected to the an old path, type in your base URL and add this text to go directly to the admin setup page: admin/sitesettings/site_settings.cfm?tabidx=1 For example: http://sqintranet.sqbox.com/admin/sitesettings/site_settings.cfm?tabidx=1
- Click on Admin
- Click Update Locations at the bottom of the screen
- Web location should reflect the new server's address (i.e. new DNS)
- Navigate to Admin > Setup tab > Site Search and click 'Re-Index My Site Data'
- Delete the Intranet_Orig folder after confirming you can access your site