To move a existing Intranet to a new server you'll need to do a new installation on the new server then copy the file system and the database in from the original server. One reason for moving to a new server is so that significant changes can be made to the environment, such as having a new OS or more resources available.
Install Intranet Connections on the New Server
Setup the new server and complete the installation as per the Intranet Connections Installation Guide article.
- The version installed should match the version running on the original server
- Do not configure this new intranet
Move the Files From the Original Server to the New Server
- Stop Lucee and World Wide Web Publishing services on the new server
- Copy the Intranet files from original server (default location is C:\inetpub\wwroot\intranet) to the new server (default location C:\inetpub\wwroot\) overwriting the existing files
Move the Original SQL Database to the New SQL Database
With the new installation on the new server there will be a existing default database, a backup of the original database will need to be taken and restored over the new database. Learn how to move an existing databases content to a new database.
Create the Mapping
- Click Mappings under Archives & Resources.
- Enter ‘/Intranet’ under the Virtual column
- Enter ‘C:\inetpub\wwwroot\intranet’ as the Resource
- Enter ‘C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Intranet\IntranetConnectons.ras’ as the Archive.
- Restart World Wide Web Publishing and Lucee services (in order)
- Access the intranet site through your browser
- If you log in and get redirected to the an old path, type in your base URL and add this text to go directly to the admin setup page: admin/sitesettings/site_settings.cfm?tabidx=1 For example: http://sqintranet.sqbox.com/admin/sitesettings/site_settings.cfm?tabidx=1
- Click on Admin
- Click Update Locations at the bottom of the screen