Various settings are available to intranet Admins under the Admin link, top right, which is only accessible to users with elevated rights.
In This Article
Obviously there are many decisions about setup when your intranet is being built or subsequently as its being used. Front-end type settings are explained in the How-To's section of the intranet; learn more in the Admin Overview article. Back-end settings are described below.
The remainder of the Setup tab has details of your specific intranet installation, as shown in the image below.
1. Product Updates - If you're active on Maintenance with us, this is where you'll find links to the latest Patches and Upgrades. Clicking on Manual Upload? gives the option of manually updating hotfixes or patches.
2. Get Support - If you're having an issue, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include screenshots (with URL) of the issue or error so we get a full understanding of the issue. If your site has a critical issue, call 604-924-9770 during our business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm Pacific).
3. Product Info - overview of your software and maintenance status, as well as notifications about services or business hours. If your company isn't currently active on annual maintenance but would like to change that status, please contact us at CustomerCare@IntranetConnections.com.
4. System Information - Product - version and serial number.
5. System Information - Intranet Application - name, system administrator, file locations.
6. System Information - Server - Server, Java, CFML and SQL information.
System Email Address
The system email address is the email address used to send all email outbound that is not set to send as the submitting user.
Examples of notifications that use this email address:
- Support Desk ticket notifications
- Formbuilder workflow notifications (Exception is the Send Notification stage which can use the submitting user’s email address instead of the system email)
- Subscription alerts (new content, updates, etc.)
- Workflow within apps (Documents, Company News, Knowledgebase, etc)
This address is configured in the Admin area, on the Setup tab under Email Options. This address can be the email address of the admin on the site, but is frequently something similar to email@example.com.
Click the Save button to retain any changes.
There is a built-in contact form to provide feedback to the site admin. To enable the feedback link in the upper right corner of the intranet
- Click Admin
- On the Setup tab, click Intranet Toolbar
- Beside ‘Feedback’, check the box to display
- Click Save
The site administrator is the user account for the primary caretaker of the intranet. The site admin is listed at the bottom of the Admin > Setup screen under Intranet Application. To make an account a site admin, this requires:
- The user is active; not disabled
- The user has a valid email address
- The user is either an Admin or Super Admin
Click Edit beside the Administrator and select from the drop-down.
Scheduled Tasks is under Admin on the Setup Tab, and includes System Tasks, Web Services, Active Directory Sync (these are all on one page as of Version 13.5.5).
On this page, you can ensure the scheduled tasks are operating correctly (1), see when a task was last run and is expected to run again (2), pause or run the task (3), and see what it does (4). You also have the ability to add the proxy details for the Web Services component (5). Learn more about troubleshooting Scheduled Tasks.
There's a built-in spell checker in Intranet Connections. To enable the spell check function:
- Click Admin
- On the Setup tab, click HTML Editor
- Click the radio button for on beside Spell Check
- Click the Save button to retain your changes
The spell checker is a freeware solution. Please use this option with the knowledge that it is relying on a third party ad supported service which is not affiliated or responsible to SQBox Solutions (provider of Intranet Connections Software).