Various settings are available to intranet Admins under the Admin link, top right, which is only accessible to users with elevated rights.
In This Article
There are many decisions about setup when your intranet is being built or subsequently as its being used. Front-end type settings are explained in the How-To's section of the intranet; learn more in the Admin Overview article. Back-end settings are described below.
The remainder of the Setup tab has details of your specific intranet installation, as shown in the image below.
1. Product Updates - If you're active on Maintenance with us, this is where you'll find links to the latest Patches and Upgrades. Clicking on Manual Upload? gives the option of manually updating hotfixes or patches.
2. Get Support - If you're having an issue, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include screenshots (with URL) of the issue or error so we get a full understanding of the issue. If your site has a critical issue, call 604-924-9770 during our business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm Pacific).
3. Product Info - overview of your software and maintenance status, as well as notifications about services or business hours. If your company isn't currently active on annual maintenance but would like to change that status, please contact us at email@example.com.
4. System Information - Product - version and serial number.
5. System Information - Intranet Application - name, system administrator, file locations.
6. System Information - Server - Server, Java, CFML and SQL information.
System Email Address
The system email address is the email address used to send all email outbound that is not set to send as the submitting user. This email address is configured in the Admin area, on the Setup tab under Format Options called Email Options HTML. This email address can be the email address of the admin on the site, but is frequently something similar to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Examples of notifications that use this email address:
- Support Desk ticket notifications
- Formbuilder workflow notifications (Exception is the Send Notification stage which can use the submitting user’s email address instead of the system email)
- Subscription alerts (new content, updates, etc.)
- Workflow within apps (Documents, Company News, Knowledgebase, etc)
There is a built-in contact form to provide feedback to the site admin. To enable the feedback link in the upper right corner of the intranet. This feature was deprecated in Version 14.5.
- Click Admin
- On the Setup tab, click Intranet Toolbar
- Beside ‘Feedback’, check the box to display
- Click Save
The site administrator is the user account for the primary caretaker of the intranet. The site admin is listed at the bottom of the Admin > Setup screen under Intranet Application. To make an account a site admin, this requires:
- The user is active; not disabled
- The user has a valid email address
- The user is either an Admin or Super Admin
Click Edit beside the Administrator and select from the drop-down.
Scheduled Tasks is under Admin on the Setup Tab under Global Config, and includes System Tasks, Web Services, Active Directory Sync (these tasks can be found on the same page as of Version 13.5.5).
On this page, you can ensure the scheduled tasks:
1. Are operating correctly
2. See when a task was last run and is expected to run again
3. Pause or run the task
4. Details of what the tasks do
5. You also have the ability to add the proxy details for the Web Services component
Web Services should be enabled on your production (i.e. live) site so it’s connecting to IC and can check for product updates, patches, announcements, etc. If you have a test or dev intranet site, the box beside Pause should be deselected to ensure Web Services isn’t reporting on this site (i.e. only production should report).
Insights statistics was added with Version 14.0, which is available to customers who are currently paying their Annual Maintenance Renewal Fee. If you'd like to upgrade and are paying annual maintenance, go to Admin > Setup to access upgrade files and follow the Upgrade Process; if you're not active on maintenance, contact email@example.com for information.
The Insights statistics application pulls usage information from the intranet on a scheduled basis so that it can be displayed to Admins in the stats area; this process is called the databridge. Learn more in the Insights Overview article.
The Statistics section under Global Config determines how this synchronization is run. The default settings are optimal, but you can also adjust the settings as follows:
Choose the interval type (i.e. Minute, Day, Hour).
Choose how many of the interval type will occur before the databridge runs (e.g. interval of 2 and type of Day means that 2 days will go by before the databridge runs).
The date and time at which the scheduled pattern should start; after starting, the databridge will continue to recur at the interval specified. Avoid setting the databridge to update during peak intranet usage periods for optimal performance. Note: if you want to run the databridge immediately, set Start for about 5 minutes in the future to allow time for the service to restart on the web server.
Recur, Interval and Start together determine when and how often the databridge is run. By default, stats will run at midnight nightly (i.e. recur=day, interval=1).
Gives insight into how well the databridge is running by specifying how much detail should be included in the SQBoxDatabridge logs. Information is the standard level, which gives a medium amount of detail. Debug gives a lot of detail and is used to troubleshoot databridge problems; over the long term, it can take up a lot of hard drive space, so it should be used sparingly. Logs are located in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\TaskManager\Logs or C:\sqbox\webroot\TaskManager\Logs on the web server.
The base address that the intranet runs on. If your address changes, update this.
IC Stats BasePath
The address that the databridge runs on. This denotes the statistics applications with the Internet Information Services (IIS) application on the web server. Should be in the format https://intranetURL/statistics. If your address changes, change the first part of this.
Click Save to apply the changes to the databridge on the web server and restart that service; note that this is independent of the intranet and will only affect the Insights area of the intranet. Clicking Save creates a new schedule.json file, and the old setting will also be retained.
There's a built-in spell checker in Intranet Connections. To enable the spell check function:
- Click Admin
- On the Setup tab, click HTML Editor
- Click the radio button for on beside Spell Check
- Click the Save button to retain your changes
The spell checker is a freeware solution. Please use this option with the knowledge that it is relying on a third party ad supported service which is not affiliated or responsible to SQBox Solutions (provider of Intranet Connections Software).
Intranet Connections software is supported on the browsers and versions listed below. Though the software may also function with other browsers, issues may be encountered and we can't guarantee performance. Note that as of January 2016 Microsoft is only supporting IE 11, the final version of IE. Learn more on the Microsoft website. Our Support & Development teams are no longer investigating or fixing bugs associated with Intranet Explorer 11, please review our Help Center article on Internet Explorer 11 & Your Intranet
|IC VERSION||CHROME||IE (unsupported for bug fixes)||EDGE||FIREFOX|
|14.5.x||all versions||11 and up||11 and up||all versions|
|14.0.x||all versions||11 and up||11 and up||all versions|
|13.5.x (unsupported for hotfixes and patches)||all versions||11 and up||11 and up||all versions|
|13.0.x (unsupported for hotfixes and patches)||all versions||9 and up||9 and up||all versions|
|12.5.x (unsupported)||all versions||9 and up||9 and up||all versions|
|12.0.x (unsupported)||all versions||9 and up||9 and up||all versions|