***NOTE : Please create a snapshot or backup your intranet server before you begin as you can completely break your intranet. Be sure to be logged into the server as a local administrator for all these actions.
For intranet versions 15.0 and higher, the best version of Lucee to use is 220.127.116.11
If your webserver is locked down, the new version of Lucee requires updates from the internet during the Lucee update process. Please allow your webserver access to the following URLs prior to upgrading:
If you can, whitelist the *.lucee.org domain for this web server.
Test this by going to the addresses above in a web browser on the server.
Common errors that could be resolved by reinstalling Lucee include ".extension" in them, for example "pdf.extension" and "form.extension".
- Stop Elastic Search service:
- Find the location of the Elasticsearch bin folder using the elastic search service:
- Go to the Elasticsearch directory. In the address line, type CMD and hit Enter to get the command prompt in the correct directory.
- In the command prompt, type “elasticsearch-service remove” to uninstall elastic search MINIMIZE this window as you will need it again
- In a web browser, log into to your Lucee web server :http://[IntranetName]/lucee/admin/web.cfm
- Take a snip of your Services > Datasource page, your Archives & Resources > Mappings page and your Services > Mail page
- Mail Server
- Identify the location of your Apache Tomcat Lucee Service
- Stop Apache Tomcat Lucee Service then Uninstall Lucee. Select yes to everything but do not restart. (Note: If you on version 14.5 or less service will simple be called Lucee)
Go into your Lucee folder (C:\sqbox\lucee by default) and remove everything. You may need to reboot the computer to be able to remove all files.
Rename your WEB-INF folder (default location C:\sqbox\webroot\Intranet )
Download and install the most recent tested version of Lucee (currently 18.104.22.168) from https://download.lucee.org/.
To do so, choose the version you want from the dropdown under Release. After the page updates, click the Windows Installer link to download the file
**Don’t forget to right click and unblock the file
- Repoint Lucee to the same folder as Lucee was originally installed in:
Set passwords for Lucee login
Set memory amounts for min memory (2048) and max (8197)
Hit next at Tomcat ports
Click next to everything else
Stop Lucee service (Apache Tomcat) . You may have to refresh your services windows (f5)
Rename your WEB-INF folder back to its old name.
Check that the service user is Local System. Right-click on the Apache Tomcat 9.0 Lucee service and choose Properties. Click the Log On tab
If “this Account” is selected, switch it to Local System. Click Ok.
Install the Elasticsearch service by opening a command prompt
- Navigate to C:\sqbox\elasticsearch\bin
- type elasticsearch-service.bat install
- Start the service
- Go to the service properties OR Type elasticsearch-service.bat manager
- Change the value for memory pool to 2048 for minimum and 4096 for maximum.
- Restart the service
Open up the command Prompt window type “elasticsearch-service install” to re-install elastic search
Type elasticsearch-service start
Log back into your intranet Lucee Web interface page : http://[Intranet]/lucee/admin/web.cfm
If this page looks malformed see troubleshooting (below)
Re-add your data sources and Mappings if needed
Go to your Intranet Admin page and at the bottom select “update locations”
If the webpage looks malformed.
- Rename your Web-Inf folder again.
- Restart your Apache Tomcat Lucee service
- Log into yourweb.cfm page.
- Remap your data source, your mapping and your email.
- Check to make sure you have imported all of your SSL certificates from your Domain controller and your web server into the Lucee Server admin > SSL certificates page
- Copy all files over from your old Web-inf/lucee/lib folder into your newly created web-inf folder at the same location.
- Restart your Apache Tomcat Lucee service and then check your intranet again.