In this article, you'll find instructions to upgrade to Version 13.5 Policy Assist, as well as prerequisites required prior to performing the upgrade. Learn more about Version 13.5 features.
Prep for Upgrade
Preparation is key to a successful upgrade. Ensure all of the following items have been checked off before beginning your upgrade.
Start by reading the Upgrade Process Overview article to understand the entire process.
Access to Upgrade Files
- On your Intranet admin page, verify that your site is up to at least 13.0.7. If not, please apply the most recent patch.
- On your web server, download the 13.5.0 Upgrade zip file (e.g. Upgrade13.5.X.zip) - it's important to do this in advance so the upgrade process isn't stopped after you've allocated resources and advised users
- UserName: email address of the Primary contact (i.e. typically the person responsible for contacting Intranet Connections for Support; if you're unsure, email support@intranetConnections.com and we can confirm the Primary contact email)
- Password: product serial number, found in the Admin area on the Setup tab
- Save the file to C:\Temp
- You must have Super Admin rights on the intranet
- SQL Server - System Administrator account name and password will be required (i.e. SQL account, not Windows auth)
- Railo - you will need your Web Administrator password; test password by logging in (e.g.) http://<servername>/railo-context/admin/web.cfm
- Check the supported web server requirements for the destination server (note that 2008 R2 will likely also work but is not officially supported)
- Web Server access:
- web server local admin access - upgrade requires the ability to create a folder on the C drive
- apply pending Windows updates and restart the web server
- ASP.NET 4.5.2 or higher
- DefaultAppPool (Intranet's AppPool within IIS) requires .NET CLR Version set to v4.0
- IIS configuration - disable Basic Authentication on the intranet website (i.e. default website)
- Browser prep - if you've installed a new server, open default browser at least once to allow browser configuration to complete
Prior to starting your upgrade, back up your intranet database and application files, as outlined in the Upgrade Process Overview article. You will also need to backup the web.config file in your webroot folder. Do not proceed with your upgrade if you haven't backed up files.
Historical Intranet Statistics
During this upgrade, the time limit for your intranet statistics will automatically be set to 365 days to optimize performance, and all previous historical statistical information will be purged. If you want to compare year-over-year statistics, or retain all of your historical statistical data, and are willing to accept a reduction in performance (extent will depend on your number of users and length of time retained), contact email@example.com prior to upgrading and our Support Team can assist in adjusting your settings.
- Log onto your web server as a local administrator (Domain Administrator logins do not have enough rights).
- On the C drive of the web server, create a temporary folder for the upgrade called "ICUpgrade". Right click the zipped Upgrade13.5.X.zip folder and select ‘Extract All…’ to the "ICUpgrade" folder, follow on-screen prompts to complete file extraction on the server.
- In the Upgrade135PS folder open InstallDetails.txt.
- Copy the content of InstallDetails.txt to your clipboard. This script will be used to extract configuration information from your intranet to perform the migration.
- If you've changed your Railo/Lucee administrator password from the default, update it in in text file as shown below
- On your Intranet, go to the Admin area > Setup tab.
- In the Settings section under Extensions, click Execute Custom Code (note: you must be logged in as a Super Admin to see this option).
- Paste into the message box area of the execute custom code box and click Execute. Your browser will download an XML file containing configuration details of your intranet.
- Save this file and place it on your web server in the Upgrade135PS\config folder
- Uninstall IIS URL Re-write module, if installed (Check Programs and Features to see if this module is installed)
- Change the User Account Control settings on the web server to Never Notify. For more information, read this Microsoft UAC article.
- Right click start.bat located in the Upgrade135PS folder and click Run as administrator.
- A prompt window will open asking if you’d like to keep IIS features and roles, click “Yes”.
- At the end of the upgrade a web browser will open up to clean up files that are no longer needed. If this page takes a long time to load, refresh the page.
- You may need to complete this step on your workstation. Simply copy the URL into a browser on your machine.
- Once the upgrade process is complete, the command prompt window will ask you to press any key to exit the upgrader.
- In your intranet's Admin area, look on the Setup tab to verify you're now on Version 13.5.4 and at least Lucee version 4.5.5.006.
- On the web server, set the User Account Control setting back to its previous level.
- Delete the temporary folder ICUpgrade on the web server.
- Adjust the memory settings for Lucee and ElasticSearch.
Depending on environmental configurations, you may encounter an error during the upgrade process. If a problem occurs, the upgrade process will stop and an error message will be displayed in the command prompt window, something similar to below.
You can review the log of what occurred by navigating to the logs folder, located within your upgrade folder. Please send the contents of the log file to firstname.lastname@example.org to open up a ticket and we'll work with you to resolve any issues encountered.
In Upgrade135PS\docs you will find RollbackInstructions.doc, this documentation will walk you through the necessary steps to rollback any changes that occurred during upgrade.