In this article, you'll find instructions to upgrade to Version 15.5 Push Communications, as well as prerequisites required prior to performing the upgrade. Learn more about the feature enhancements in Version 15.5.
This version is compatible with supported browsers Chrome, Firefox, and new Edge (Chromium).
Due to high interest in the 15.5 upgrade, we are prioritizing new customer installations and professional services. Should you wish to proceed with upgrading to 15.5, please take appropriate backups (both database and webserver files), including a server snapshot. In the event of any issues during the upgrade process, please report any screenshots, upgrade logs, or questions to our support team and if the site is inaccessible, please restore both the database and files from the appropriate backups.
Prep for Upgrade
Preparation is key to a successful upgrade. Ensure all of the following items have been checked off before beginning your upgrade.
Start by reading the Upgrade Process Overview article to understand the entire process.
- Download the 15.5.0 Upgrade file
- Confirm the web server has the following minimum Server Specifications for 15.5:
- CPU: 1 * Quad Core
- RAM: 16GB
- Note: If you have any GPO policies for Powershell, please check for a constrained language requirement in the policy as this will cause the upgrade to fail.
- IMPORTANT: Please make sure the Upgrade file is extracted on the C Drive, otherwise the upgrade will fail
- Inside the unzipped folder, you'll see the following folders and files:
Prior to starting your upgrade, back up your intranet database and application files, as outlined in the Upgrade Process Overview article. Do not proceed with your upgrade if you haven't backed up files.
- In the upgrade155ps folder, open the InstallDetails.txt
- Copy the content of InstallDetails.txt to your clipboard. This script will be used to extract configuration information from your intranet to perform the migration.
- If you've changed your Lucee administrator password from the default, update it in in text file as shown below
Encountering an error while running this script? Check the "Unable to run InstallDetails.txt script" heading of the Troubleshooting section below for details.
- On your Intranet, go to the Admin area > Setup tab.
- In the Settings section under Extensions, click Execute Custom Code (note: you must be logged in as a Super Admin to see this option).
- Paste the text file into the message box area of the execute custom code box and click Execute. Your browser will download an XML file containing the configuration details of your intranet.
- Note: If you have hotfixes installed, you will see this warning message:
- Save this file and place it on your web server in the upgrade155ps\config folder
- Right-click the start.bat file located in the ICUPG1550 folder and click Run as administrator.
- Next, you'll see "Source Upgrade 15.5 finished successfully!"
- Press any key to close the window
- In your intranet's Admin area, look on the Setup tab to verify you're now on the correct version based on the folder name (e.g. ICUPG1550 = Version 15.5.0)
- On the webserver, set the User Account Control setting back to its previous level, and re-enable the anti-virus software if you had it installed.
- Delete the temporary folder ICUPG1550 on the webserver.
- Ensure your scheduled tasks are running (Admin > Scheduled Tasks). System Tasks should be enabled, Web Services should be enabled unless this is a development environment, and Active Directory Sync should only be enabled if you are using AD Sync.
- Ensure that when you hover over the Admin icon and click the Stats link that the stats page opens.
- The day after upgrading, ensure that data shows on the stats page.
Unable to run InstallDetails.txt script
If you're encountering this error while executing the script:
This means that the webserver can't make the call out to *.lucee.org.
- Try executing the following code in the Execute Custom Code box:
<cfhttp url="https://www.lucee.org/" method="GET" throwonerror="Yes" result="wwwRequest">
- If you encounter an error that looks like this:
- Add lucee.org to the Lucee Server Admin > SSL Certificates interface as a certificate:
- Restart the Lucee service on the webserver and try executing the script in the InstallDetails.xml file once more.
Should you encounter any issues during this process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.